Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The B.T.C.


This was originally going to be a post about my stay at the Baghdad Transit Center. Part bus station, part international airport and ALL travel hell, all roads in and out of Iraq lead to the BTC. Imagine what it would be like to add bunk beds to the waiting room at the Department of Motor Vehicles, throw in 24-7 announcements on a PA, and 15 minute walk in 120 degree heat to the nearest food and you are starting to get the idea. Don't forget, however, that 50% of residents don't know where or more importantly, when, they are, because they are still experiencing major jet lag from a 17 hour transatlantic flight. There is no joy at the BTC.

After reviewing what I wrote in my journal last month during my most recent stay at the BTC, it occurred to me that the big bad enemy might be reading this and I could unwittingly be revealing some big secret about operations in Iraq. So, this is all I am going to post...but come grab a beer with me some day and Ill tell you all about it.


No comments: