Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Phhhtness

I am trying something new this week. I’ve been doing two –a-day work outs for a couple of weeks now and I don’t know that I’m seeing the benefits I would like. This is coming from a lack of mental discipline due to some boredom on my part, so I’m turning my days on end. I’m going to do the Mountain Athlete hybrid Crossfit basic muscle confusion anaerobic puke fest first thing in the morning. 5am, on an empty stomach, get in the gym and give’er. In the afternoons, Im going to hit similar muscle groups from the morning workout with traditional weight lifting and then cap it off with a cardio effort.

I’ve got ten “blocks” of workouts set aside for six days. They include, two named Mountain Athlete workouts, 3 Crossfit WODs, a block of Yoga, a 90 minute cardio session, and 3 blocks of traditional weight lifting split 50/50 with cardio. I’m not entirely sure how its all going to work out but Im willing to give it a go. This combined with a high lean protein diet should help me to build strength and lean out a bit. Of course, I may never want to see an egg or a protein shaker again in my life, but I’m willing to accept that risk.

No comments: