Monday, June 6, 2011

Where in the World?

I know it’s a sign that I haven’t been writing that I cant even remember the password to my blog, but after all the hoop jumping and mothers maiden name recalling, I’ve managed to log back on. I thought I would take a quick second to update the world, or the small fraction that’s interested in me, on what the heck is up!  If you been following me you know that over the past few months I’ve pretty much been around the world and back, climbed some big mountains, spent a bunch of crappy weeks taking the LSAT and applying to and ultimately not getting into law school, and now finding myself working at Mt. Rainier National Park.  I’ve been in Washington State for less then two months, and while things here are “rad” (which is way part of the vernacular here), I’m getting ready to head back east again this week.  And I’m psyched about it.  
For those of you who haven’t picked up on it yet, I’ve accepted a  Police Lady job with the Arlington County (VA) Police Department.  (Insert donut, pig, firefighter turned cop jokes here.)  I head back at the end of this week and will be starting with the ACPD shortly after. It’s a big change and a big commitment coming from me, someone who has been anything but committing over the past year, but I’m ready. I’m ready to wear a uniform again, I’m ready to earn a paycheck, and I’m ready to plug back in.  More importantly though, I’m ready to move forward with all of the unique experience I’ve gained in the past two years so yes, while I’m going back home with plans to be there for awhile, it’s a different me and I go back psyched to continue having awesome experiences.   So, once Im done with the police academy, you can look for me on the streets of Arlington on my work days, and adventuring  in the mountains on the rocks and in the snow on my days off!  As I’ve learned to say here, until then, Happy Schralping!

No comments: